If you're anything like myself, once the space is neat and clean, we think that it's going to remain that way .... NOT! We as Parents are CONSTANTLY improvising to find BETTER ways of organizing to help our kids focus, make the process, quicker and easier (also to keep us sane - but that's beside the point ;-)
Here is what has worked for me:
- Separate Desks (Folding tables work great!)
- Separate Rooms per grade level (this only works if you have some kids who are self sufficient, little ones will need to remain close - possiibly upto 4th or 5th graders)
- Workbooks, Spirals, a small caddy for pencils, erasers, marker, etc. should be set visible and convenient to reach.
- Lamp next to desk
- A bin next to desk to upload documents and quickly put away. Available through Quarter/Semester if needed.
- and YES, a toilet paper role on the desk when you can't find tissue paper - LOL! Saw that AFTER I took the pic:)
-LOTS & LOTS of patience. Toilet paper roll helps sometimes if we just have to relieve ourselves and bawl!
Definately look into the following article for organizing kid's work space ideas: