Bedwetting is common in girls until the age of 6 and in boys until the age of 8. If a parent or an older sibling had night time bedwetting issues, then it is more likely to occur.
Tips to help :
- No drinks after dinner. Make sure the child is staying well hydrated during the day.
- No sugary beverages during the day
(OK, let's be practical - LEAST amount of sugary beverages during the day?)
- Treat underlying constipation.
- Double void. 30 minutes before bed, sit on the toilet and try to relax for 5 minutes to empty the bladder. Right before bed, repeat.
- Are we having sleep apnea? Is your child snoring and not even noticing they are wetting the bed? If so, address this with your provider at a visit.
- There are bedwetting alarms that can help and are purchased online.
Please, follow our FB page for Live Friday Tips on such topics!
Topic: Bed-wetting - 01/29/21.
Photo by Erick Palacio